I’m a huge fan of those little details that add immersion to a game session. By drawing both the players and the GM into the world they can create a richer experience for all involved. One of my favorite tools for accomplishing this is sound. The way a place sounds isn’t often something that we actively think about. However, much like in movies, the proper background noise can create a very convincing sense of atmosphere.
To that end I’ve created a handful of mixes over on ambient-mixer.com to help enhance my games, and now yours! Here they are:
Prophetic dreams can come to a character for a number of reasons including deity interference, magical psychotropics, spells, or simply their own divinatory abilities. However, coming up with these dreams in the middle of a session can be a bit of a challenge. Luckily, this list features variations on 10 interesting dream symbols and their possible meanings in order to assist with that very task!
- Wood that will not burn
– Fuel (either literal of metaphorical) for the task at hand will be lacking. Also may represent that what the dreamer thought to be the source of fuel is useless.
- The dreamer wearing distinctive clothing
– A statement relating to how the dreamer wishes to be perceived.
- Hands bound in black ribbon
– Something actively preventing action.
- An ancient hero standing watch
– Actions being judged by respected but outside forces.
- A fox leading the way
– The need for caution and cleverness going forward.
- A collapsing bridge
– The course of action that the dreamer was headed on will crumble beneath them if the continue.
- A luxurious feast that rots when the dreamer starts to eat
– Temptation will lead to deception.
- A library full of books that will not open
– The knowledge the dreamer needs is out of their reach or guarded.
- Broken swords scattered in front of a door.
– Brute force will not yield the desired results.
- An earthquake that does no damage.
– What seems like a great destructive force is actually powerless.
Find this resource as a free PDF here
Find this resource as a pay what you want PDF here