Prophetic dreams can come to a character for a number of reasons including deity interference, magical psychotropics, spells, or simply their own divinatory abilities. However, coming up with these dreams in the middle of a session can be a bit of a challenge. Luckily, this list features variations on 10 interesting dream symbols and their possible meanings in order to assist with that very task!
- Wood that will not burn
– Fuel (either literal of metaphorical) for the task at hand will be lacking. Also may represent that what the dreamer thought to be the source of fuel is useless.
- The dreamer wearing distinctive clothing
– A statement relating to how the dreamer wishes to be perceived.
- Hands bound in black ribbon
– Something actively preventing action.
- An ancient hero standing watch
– Actions being judged by respected but outside forces.
- A fox leading the way
– The need for caution and cleverness going forward.
- A collapsing bridge
– The course of action that the dreamer was headed on will crumble beneath them if the continue.
- A luxurious feast that rots when the dreamer starts to eat
– Temptation will lead to deception.
- A library full of books that will not open
– The knowledge the dreamer needs is out of their reach or guarded.
- Broken swords scattered in front of a door.
– Brute force will not yield the desired results.
- An earthquake that does no damage.
– What seems like a great destructive force is actually powerless.
Click bowls to download the (easier to read) PDF
Are you tired of presenting your players with the same old treasure? Are sacks of generic gems and blasé blades just not cutting it anymore? Then this is the PDF for you! In this PDF you will find 16 tables about to produce thousands of unique items to help enrich your game and world. The majority of these items will be mundane in nature but there are some options to add hints of magic to be further investigated. Find it here.
Goodness knows, no matter how well laid a game masters plans may be the players can send them crumbling down in a matter of moments leaving everyone wondering what’s next. Even when your campaign isn’t in ruins sometimes you just plum run out of ideas. That’s where this list comes in! Inside you will find 50 adventure hooks inspired by fairytales from around the world. This list is mostly system neutral so they will be able to fit right into any game with a bent towards that fantastic. Find it here.
Check out a few examples from the list below:
6. A witch is seeking an apprentice and the characters have been invited to participate in her trials.
17. A young man is being plagued by faeries after grievously insulting one of their leaders. He has barricaded himself in his house behind what may as well be walls of salt and iron charms and is unable to leave for fear of the faeries wrath. Wanting to return to his life he enlists the party to make peace on his behalf.
41. The party finds an injured hawk on the side of the road. If they help it it will tell them the location of a magic cloak that allows the wearer to fly. It will also warn them that the cloak is guarded by six monsters, three of whom must be killed and three of whom must be bargained with.
49. A wealthy girl has fallen in love with the kind man her father has hired to tend their garden. She wants nothing more than to run away with her love but her father is an angry and vengeful man and she fears that he will come after then. She seeks out the party and asks for their help to deliver her and her love safely to the house of her mother’s cousin in the neighboring kingdom.
Goodness knows, no matter how well laid a game masters plans may be the players can send them crumbling down in a matter of moments leaving everyone wondering what’s next. Even when your campaign isn’t in ruins sometimes you just plum run out of ideas. That’s where this list comes in! Inside you will find 75 well thought out and interesting adventure hooks. This list is mostly system neutral so they will be able to fit right into any game with a fantasy element. Find it here.
Check out a few examples from the list below:
4. Local townspeople claim to have had a rash of nighttime visitations by the spirits of departed loved ones. Some claim that the visitations are a miracle while others, including local clergy, are unsure.
20. One of the PC’s bears an incredible resemblance to an important historical figure and people are starting to notice.
42. The people of a village have begun developing strange powers, such as the ability to call frogs by hiccupping, and have no idea why. As it turns out an alchemist living up the road has been doing some rather odd experiments and his runoff has polluted the water table. If the party investigates they will notice local animals have begun developing powers as well.
60. Poachers are killing rare white deer in a forest that is under the protection of a group of druids. However, the poachers are familiar with the druids and have been able to evade them, which is why the druids have come to the party for help.
For your gaming pleasure, I present 32 unique magical items. These items range from creams to enhance appearance to powerful weapons capable of transforming the wielder to a being beyond this plane. Each item description features the appearance of the item, the main effect, and secondary effects, and negative effects or restrictions and a bit of lore to give it life. Find it here.
Delve into the world of fantasy flora with the unique guidebook. Inside you will find forty colorful entries detailing extraordinary plants suitable for any fantasy setting. Each entry details the psychical appearance of the plant, where and how it grows, the most common mundane and magical uses, and some field notes for added richness. The entries have also been left system agnostic so they will be able to seamlessly integrate into any game setting! Add an interesting new aspect to your games by finding it here.